Monday, May 28, 2012

Introducing... Scott Berman

Imagine one of those guys with the funny hats and striped shirts on a stage in front of a quiet audience with one of the most awesome voices on earth. It doesn't matter if this is at a poetry club, comedy club, or music hall. Imagine any setting where there is a small stage for a small crowd and it works perfectly for this situation. As you listen to the man's extremely lame jokes he finishes up and says, "and now, introducing the one the only... Scott Berman.", but nobody claps because nobody actually knows who this Scott Berman is.

Well, that's how it feels right now for me writing this blog. I am nobody at the moment, and this blog is me coming out onto the stage for the first time. I may not physically be out there for an audience, but even sitting in front of a computer screen I feel butterflies in my stomach.

I want to write, I want to make something out of words that people will read and enjoy, or feel inspired by, or maybe be utterly disgusted. As an introvert, it seems every writer claims to be an introvert, I feel a need to express myself because it is so difficult to speak to even those I do feel close to. So, I plan on writing, and I plan on using this blog as my stage.

Imagine your at a club listening to a comedian or musician performing his first show. Feel free to give feedback, that way I can learn what I'm doing wrong or right, and keep coming back to see how I've grown.

And now, I am going to get to work on writing my first short story ever for you, my audience, to enjoy.

Thanks,
Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment