Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Moving Along

Good evening anybody out there. So I've been working on my writing every day still. Yesterday I less wrote than worked on my planning methods, jotting down notes on a story idea I have, but I consider learning to do that an important part of my education too.

I'm sort of writing one short story in an episodic fashion. So each day I write a new section of the story, put it aside and the next day I do a new episode. I like the way this works because it gives me an accomplish-able tangible goal for my writing each day. It also prevents me from starting and stopping in the middle of an idea when I write.

My only worry is that, while I'm obviously trying to make sure that each section follows the former logically, my writing will likely be different with each section and they might not mesh so well. My guess that this is a problem that would solve itself as I grow as a writer and develop basically static personal writing habits, or my own voice. Until than, I have to hope that by returning to past sections and editing them a week later I might fix any inconsistencies. I might also try and change the way I write so instead of writing one whole section a day I'll write the second half of one and the first half of the next each day. I feel like that would bring about some consistency, but than again it could make the inconsistencies worse.

Note: I'm writing this as my newest kitten, Hercules, walks across my keyboard so please excuse any errors.

No comments:

Post a Comment