Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Inevitable Crash

I was doing quite well at making sure I write each day, maybe not a lot everyday, but I wrote. It made me confident. "I can do this thing.", I told myself. Well, than my evil younger sibling decided to bring disease from a foreign land home with him. Of course, its probably just a cold, but if there is one time when a man is allowed to be reduced to a sniffling little baby in need of care its when he's sick. It also doesn't help that I'm a neurotic germaphobic hypochondriac.Anyway, it sucks. I can't sleep, I can't move, and I can't think. Bam, the writing streak ended. I tried writing yesterday, but I'm quite sure that the one or two paragraphs were utterly terrible. This is all I'm going to write today, because I have nothing else to do but sit and stare at fans so I felt I should at least do something.

This is a crash, but it was going to happen. You, or maybe just me, can't in the middle of big life changes keep up with a new hobby everyday. The difference between the new me and the old me though is that this little break in writing isn't going to be a permanent hold. So, I will definitely be back to it when I get healthy, although it might take till next week as I'm moving this Thursday.

Oh, and when my brain does start working, or maybe even while its not, I have an idea on my next post. I'm wondering if there any qualities in life that can't be simplified down to "good" or "bad". Its more of that moral junk I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment